Enhancement request

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Hi Vinay,

Thanks for developing such a useful tool. I really like the recursive search and filtering functions which save me a lot of time.

Here is a small enhancement request to save even more time. It will be great if you could add it when possible.

When search button is clicked and search results are displayed in the list below, users should be able to double click a search result (which would then expand the namespaces tree on the left and select the corresponding namespace and also switch to the Classes tab with that class selected. (Same behavior can be extended for properties and methods search too, if possible).

Also if you could add the online help option to the right-click context menu for a Class that will be great. (It should perform similar bing search, as done by 'Search Online Documentation' bottom link in details pane)

Have a great weekend!

Thanks,
Shreyas
Dec 11, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Edited Dec 11, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Hi Vinay,

Great job with WMI Explorer 2, is there any chance you could add a way of exporting the results and a headers to a txt file or CSV?

Keep up the great work !!

Thanks,

Richard
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM
Hey Shreyas,

Thanks for the feedback. I have thought about adding that option but I have not done this yet because double clicking on the search result would require the namespace to be enumerated which can take time depending on the namespace in question. I'll look into this again when I get a chance. I'll definitely add the right click context menu for search however though.

Hey aacchhoo,

Thanks for the feedback. Which results are you talking about ? Query results ? If you can let me know more in a separate Issue/Discussion, I'll look into that for the next release.

-Vinay
Jan 23, 2015 at 7:05 PM
Thanks Vinay. Appreciate it!